Who We Are
We are an interdisciplinary team of skilled clinicians, researchers and neuroscientists; we endeavour to expand knowledge in the area of trauma and mental health and improve quality of life and recovery of our clients.
Working within a bio-psycho-social framework we combine evidence based psychological therapies, with technologies that assist clients to modulate their brain activity. Combining these practices in a culturally sensitive way allows us to facilitate positive change in our clients’ cognitions, emotions and functioning.
Our team is passionate about sharing this expertise with those involved with the mental health community.
What We Offer
- Neurofeedback in working with trauma
- Application of qEEG in clinical practice
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV Biofeedback) training
- Advanced HRV Training
Neuroscience self-care retreats
- Featuring Neuromodulation including taste of Neurofeedback
- qEEGs, Auditory training
- Self-entrainment technology
- Neurofeedback BCIA accredited mentoring
- qEEG BCIA accredited mentoring
- Clinical supervisions for
- Psychologists using NF in their practice
- Stress test (Physiological measures)
- QEEG recording and analysis services
- The AULA Nesplora (AULA), a continuous performance test to assess attentional difficulties in a virtual setting, similar to a school classroom.
We invite you to join our network of academics and clinicians interested in the connection between mind, brain and body to develop expertise in neuro-integrative psychological practices.
The Australian Neurofeedback Institute (ANFI) was initiated in early 2019, as a social enterprise of the NSW Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors (STARTTS). To raise revenue to continue with Neurofeedback Program for refugees, ANFI provides mental health services to the wider public and offers training and consultancy to other clinicians in the field. Our journey started in 2003 when Mirjana Askovic, now Director of ANFI brought her passion for neuromodulation and her own neurofeedback equipment to STARTTS. Being inspired and having a long history of experience with biofeedback Mirjana got STARTTS’ managements permission to start neurofeedback treatment with refugee clients, survivors of torture and trauma. After initial success with the most complex cases Mirjana succeeded to get an approval for another Neurofeedback position, so in 2007 Sejla Murdoch joined Mirjana on this journey that resulted in establishment of the STARTTS’ Neurofeedback Clinic, the first NF clinic in the world to work with adults and children survivors of torture and trauma from refugee like backgrounds. Our team has grown and to this day the clinic at STARTTS combines psychotherapy, NF and Biofeedback and draws on over 30 years of clinical experience in the provision of clinical services to highly traumatised refugee clients.